Then why not leave it up? The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Department of Public Safety had 10 tips for women to prent rape:
1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
Unfortunately, UCCS no longer thinks that this is sound advice as they’ve pulled it from their website:
UCCS | Public Safety – what to do if you are attacked
Screen clipping taken: 2/20/2013 10:04 PM